Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yummy Play Dough

Have you seen these Duncan Hines frosting flavors?  You can add them to frosting to create your own flavor of icing.  Well, I had picked up a couple different flavors (they are .99 at our local grocery store).  While making play dough for class one morning, I remember them sitting unused in the pantry and I imagined the yummy scent they would add to it.   Simply mix into your favorite play dough recipe.  It was a huge hit.  Use any flavor you wish, I didn't even add coloring to this batch.  
 
 
Here is my absolute favorite recipe....
 
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 tsp cream of tartar
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations packet
2 tsp cooking oil
1 1/2 cups of boiling water
a few drops of glycerin
 
 
Mix all the dry ingredients, then add the boiling water and oil
Mix it all until it forms a ball, you may need to add flour or more water as needed.
When it is all mixed, add a few drops of glycerin (you can find it in the medicine aisle at the grocery store, makes a huge difference in your play dough!  I highly recommend using it)
 
This play dough will last a long time.  Keep it in an airtight container, I use a zip lock bag!

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so great. I have the same packet I got to try with our playdough rec. but havent gotten around to it. I wasnt sure if it would work? Now I know it will. Thanks for sharing:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I love reading your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award.

http://grok78.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/a-gold-star-well-kind-of/

Lauren said...

Ooh, what a great idea! That must smell amazing!