Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Water Wall and Ice Balls

I have seen lots of water walls around like this ONE from Play Based Learning or this ONE from Teach Preschool, (both amazing and inspiring websites).  I have been wanting to try it but wasn't sure how to execute it on our wooden fence.  While cleaning out the shed, I found a box of storage containers and decided it was the perfect time to try it.  I used little nails and hammered the plastic containers to our fence.  Then I filled our table with water, although you can use whatever you have, of course.  I had made these giant ice balls (just fill a balloon with water and add a few drops of color), and was planning on using them in the sand box, but put them in the water instead.  It was huge hit with my son and a great way to cool off on a hot day!




Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am very frustrated with you right now! Why? I cannot stay off your blog! I love everything you post, and keep waiting to find a "dud" but haven't yet. Thanks for sharing all these great ideas. I can't wait to try them out with my own kiddos...if I can ever tear myself away from your blog! Arrgghh! ;)

Debbie said...

I love this idea! I'm passing on a blog award to you. Details are on my blog: http://homeschooladventures3.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html