Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shake, Shake, Shake It!

This was so much fun, my kids asked me to do this over and over.  Luckily, I have a stash of plastic bottle waiting to be put to use!  To do these, simply pour the paint into the bottle (any size will work), put the lid on and shake it, shake it!!  So great for discovering which colors make other colors, fine motor, sensory, and all that shaking gets rid of some of that incredible energy!  This is a great (mess free) painting experience for your babies and toddlers too. Yippee!






Pin It

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I wanted to try this myself before doing it with my kids. My bottle ended up all one color. I am afraid my kids will overshake too. Any ideas?

Time For Play said...

Hi Lynn. My kids loved doing these! We made several and they just loved doing it! If you don't want to end up with brown, only have the kids choose 2 colors that mix. Blue and yellow, red and blue, etc. Just depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the experience. For us, it was the process and discovery of playing with paint in a new way. We had several "brown" and "gray" bottles when we were done. Hope this helps! I would love to see how your kids bottles turned out.